The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is gathering public input on shore-based shark fishing. Share your thoughts on the future management of this fishery by attending a public workshop.
Workshops start at local time:
- : Bradenton, State College of Florida, Library and Learning Center – Together Manatee Community Room, 5840 26th St. W.
- : Ft. Myers, Joseph P. D’Alessandro Office Complex, Room 165 C & D, 2295 Victoria Ave.
- : Panama City, Gulf Coast State College, The Russell C. Holley and Herbert P. Holley Language and Literature Building, Sarzin Lecture Hall, 5230 W. U.S. Highway 98.
- : Pensacola, Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Resource Center – Parks & Recreation Department, 913 S. I St.
- 504 Big Tree Road.: South Daytona, Piggotte Community Center, Reception Hall Room,
- 2800 University Blvd. N.: Jacksonville, Jacksonville University, J. Henry Gooding Building – Swisher Auditorium,
- 509 Ocean Ave.: Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Beach Community Center,
- 2300 N. Jog Road.: West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County, Department of Planning, Zoning & Building – The Vista Center,
- 3500 Pan American Drive.: Miami, Miami City Hall – Commission Main Chambers,
- 600 W. Ocean Drive.: Key Colony Beach, City Hall,
If you cannot attend an in-person meeting, submit comments online by visiting MyFWC.com/SaltwaterComments. Staff is working on an advance copy of the presentation and a virtual workshop that should be available online in the near future. Additional details and updatesto these meetings will be posted at MyFWC.com/Fishing (click on “Saltwater Fishing,” “Rulemaking” and “Workshops.”)