Job Description Clean Boating Liaison Position requires travel
Position number: 37978019
Salary: $15.00/ OPS Position /40 hours per week
Location: Eastpoint, Florida Franklin, County
Closing Date – https://peoplefirst.myflorida.
com Must apply via My Florida Position # 37932048
The Florida Coastal Office (FCO) is accepting applications for a full-time (40 hours per week) OPS Environmental Specialist I position.
This is a technical and professional position with the FCO. The incumbent will provide support for FCO Clean Vessel Act Pump out Grant Program and serve as the liaison for FCO Regional Clean Boating Programs team. This position will perform activities within the Northweast Region of the Florida Coastal Office.
Summary of Duties:
• This position is responsible for implementing approved program strategies to achieve federal and state goals and objectives under the Florida Coastal Office Clean Boating Programs via the Clean Vessel Act pump out grant program (CVA).
• Reviews CVA grant applications and provides technical assistance to applicants on pump out construction project implementation, project plans, permits, and assists the marina facility as needed to completion.
• Reviews marina designation applications and criteria checklists and provides technical assistance towards designation.
• Conducts site visits and prepares reports for submission to the central office.
• Plans and implements education for the Clean Boating Programs at local, regional and state outreach events, boat shows, fishing tournaments, workshops, meetings, marina recognition and partnering events.
• Works proactively with local stakeholder groups to develop coordinated efforts for outreach.
• Coordinates program activities with FCO and other Department divisions, other agencies and non-profits to align with Department goals and initiatives.
• Prepares reports and metrics on educational and program outcomes.
• Collects, tracts, and interprets data from regional Clean Boating Program activities as related to Clean Boating Program objectives, Department management plans, basin area management plans, impaired waterbodies, springs, aquatic preserves and estuary habitats for inclusion in FCO and Department plans and metrics.
• Assists in maintaining data sets for mapping program needs and outcomes.
• Utilizes mapping and other resources and performs research to develop regional need assessments for boater pump outs, education, and best practices as related to the Clean Boating Programs.
• Performs related work as required in assisting the Program Administrator in the implementation of programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position requires travel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic management principles and practices, techniques of effective written and verbal communication.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and common electronic programs and processes.
• Knowledge of state rules and regulations.
• Knowledge of marina and boating activity.
• Knowledge of and experience with methods of data collection and analysis.
• Skill and ability to organize data and information into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials.
• Ability to use problem-solving techniques.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations to agency personnel and the general public. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with local, state, and federal stakeholders and the public.
• Ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
• Ability to travel
Other job-related requirements for this position:
• A bachelor's degree in Geography, Environmental Science, Marine Science or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
• Valid Florida Driver's License.