Saturday, September 22, 2018

Sea Turtle Release at Shell Point Beach 9/26 at 4pm


LEND A HAND 
We are only able to rescue, rehabilitate and return to the wild turtles like Barney with the support of people like you. Consider making a donation today. All contributions are tax-deductible. Click the button below to donate via PayPal using any major credit or debit card.
  

 


Sea Turtle Release at Shell Point Beach 9/26 at 4 PM
Dear Friend of the Aquarium,

Gulf Specimen Marine Lab will be releasing some of our rehabilitation sea turtles back into the Gulf of Mexico Wednesday September 26th, at 4:00pm. One is a Kemp's Ridley sea turtle and one is a Green sea turtle. We will be down at Shell Point Beach to set our turtle friends back to their ocean journeys.
Here are some descriptions of the turtles we will be releasing:
Hi my name is Opal the Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle. I was found right here locally on Mashes Sands Pier. I'm still a juvenile sea turtle, and luckily Gulf Specimen Marine Lab picked me up to take care of me after I swallowed a hook from a local fisherman! The scratches on my shell are because I was attacked by a shark! I can turn really fast because of my shell and I was able to escape him! I will be released Thursday along with my other turtle friends.
Hi my name is Jade. I am a juvenile Green Sea Turtle. I was accidentally caught in nets by local fishermen. Sadly, Jade got pneumonia due to water entering her lungs however she has responded well to antibiotics and has been cleared by Dr. Griggs at Shepherd Springs Animal Hospital to be released. It hasn't been a long time here at the lab, but it's been a good time. Now I'm headed back out into the ocean.
Directions to Shell Point Beach:
SR Hwy 319 south to Coastal hwy. right on SDR98 right on Shell Point Rd (CR-267) (blinking yellow light turn left Beaty Taff rd.

 
Sincerely, 
Cypress Rudloe
Executive Director


http://live.oysterradio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment